Today (June 16th) marks my 3 #monthiversary in the brave world of sales and bizdev with Infoblox. I'll share some numbers from my first 3mo of performance.
2,286 emails sent
1,354 calls made
78,809 grand total minutes on the phone (mostly voicemails)
950 other activities completed
3 FOM (Field Oppty Meetings) created
My target number of FOM: a lot more than 3!
What have i learned?
* If you catch folks at the right time, right place, right mood, then they will take a cold sales call. My presumption was that no one would. Totally wrong there. It's just really hard to time.
* I thought emails would be far and away the most effective way to reach people. 99.9% wrong there. So now I am now completely changing my email outreach strategy.
* Surveillance data on people is very extensive. CONFIRMED. It doesn't mean it's necessarily up to date, but ALL OF OUR INFO is out there. It's both scary and fascinating.
* Rejection is a way of life. This one is VERY MUCH CONFIRMED.
* Don't take the rejection personal. TOTALLY CONFIRMED.
* A management style of RADICAL CANDOR can change your life. Didn't expect it coming in. Now I think I can never work anywhere else if it doesn't exist there.
* I imagined I would have more control over my destiny. Both true and untrue. We are part of a new business oppty building engine here. So some stuff is regimented. But I get to use a lot more of my creativity as compared to before as an SE.
* Ever since I learned about Behavioral Economics to explain the way people earn, save, spend their money, it's made more sense to me than any other explanation. Now I get a front row seat to the behaviors of people in how they interact with me.
* Trying to do technology sales during a global pandemic that comes every 100yrs has never been done before. The last global pandemic was the 1918 Spanish Flu. No computers back then. No one really knows what is going on now. Take it slow. Be patient. Keep working toward a positive result.
Thanks if you read this far <3. oh... I would be remiss if i didn't...
CALL/EMAIL me if you know someone in information technology who might be interested in our offerings for enterprise scale DNS, DHCP, IP Address Management, and Cybersecurity.
ABC: Always Be Closing !
My name is Dae Yu.